Saturday, December 5, 2009

White Christmas & Holiday Inn

bing-crosby-white-christmas-gene-kelly-dvd-cover-artholiday-inn-bing-crosby-dvd-cover-art

Not only is White Christmas one of my all time favorite songs and movies, but it was originally sung by Bing Crosby in Holiday Inn. And being that we are all out shopping and decorating for Christmas, the vocals of Bing Crosby are so ideal for chiming in the Christmas season. Listen, watch and enjoy!



The old Hollywood Classics are my favorite movies to watch this time of year...and it doesn't hurt that Bing Crosby is one of my favorite crooners. If you have never watched Holiday Inn (shown in the video) or even heard of it, then head to the movie supplier of your choice and invest one evening into some old Hollywood magic. There is just such a classic air of romance that sets them apart and makes them truly "Classic Hollywood". The plot behind Holiday Inn is very similar to that of White Christmas...just a few changes here and there. But Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire are such a brilliant pairing that it really doesn't matter.


White Christmas Bing Kaye

After Holiday Inn, throw in White Christmas...Bing Crosby (again) and Danny Kaye are so wonderfully partnered-up comically & musically. Gotta love'em. Great music, great chemistry in the casting and such a heart warming tribute to the Army service members...Oh I Love It! It immediately makes me think of my Grandpa Ron, who served in World War II, and all those other brave men & women who fought in those days...and those who are serving now.


This just so happens to be one of the funniest dance numbers that I had ever seen Crosby & Kaye do...it makes me laugh every single time. (They're trying to give the real Haynes sisters a head start out of town.)

'One
One of the choreography scenes...the "Minstrel" number.

My husband, a.k.a. Charming, could do without all of the choreography, but I kinda like that artsy stuff. (he just complains, rolls his eyes and/or sleeps through it all)
presents

Hmmmm...I think I know what movie I'm going to watch tonight as I sift through presents to start wrapping & shipping for Christmas. And since Charming & the kiddles don't like my classics, I'll have some time to myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment