Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tangy Apricot Syrup

My Grandpa (Ron) Garrison used to always have this incredible apricot syrup that he would jar every year. (with a small orchard of apricots and cherries he had to find something to do with all of them) It was one of those things that I looked forward to every year at Christmas time. We would drive up to Ogden, Utah and every morning my nose was greeted with the smells of coffee, bacon, sausage, eggs and banana pancakes. Let me tell you, when you couple banana pancakes with apricot syrup…well there’s just no better way to start your day! (I must confess that I do like to change it up with blueberries from time to time though)

Apricots are just one of those summer fruits that I absolutely love…and I love them even more when I can mix them into different platings of food. So this year I decided to make my own apricot syrup to use on pancakes, crepes, ice cream, over the top of pork chops (oh yeah, it’s good)…whatever I come up with.

If you’ve never attempted to make a syrup before, not to worry…neither had I. If I can do it, you can do it...

View complete posting: Tangy Apricot Syrup