Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stuffed Burger ~ Gorgonzola Style!

 
Just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a great burger from time to time. So here's one of our favorite burgers...I just eliminate the bun to reduce my carbs and calorie count. And I'm telling ya, you don't need a bun with this burger.  This burger is full of great flavor...don't mask it with a bun.
 
I start with 85/15 or 93/7 ground chuck meat.  One pound of meat will make two very meaty hamburgers.


This burger is one of my favorites.  My Charming loves it too...with the bun though.  I haven't been able to get him to go bunless with his burgers as of yet.  The attempts will continue though.


Love this blog? Please click the Top Mommy Blogs banner every day! This casts a vote for my blog today and helps me continue to get great products to share with you! You can vote daily! Thank you so much!
 
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
 
Gorgonzola Burger (protein style)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes each
Servings: 2
Level: EASY

Ingredients:
1 lb. Lean Ground Chuck (15% fat or 7% fat hamburger meat)
2 Tbsp. Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder, divided
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)
2 Tbsp. Honey Dijon Mustard
2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
4 leaves Green Leaf Lettuce (or your favorite lettuce)

Instructions:
Take meat and divide into 4 equal portions. Roll each into ball.

Press each meatball into 1/4" thick patty. Press the center of each patty lightly, making a large thumbprint.

Add one tablespoon of gorgonzola cheese to the center of two patties. Place empty patties on top of cheese patties and gently press the edges together sealing in the cheese. Season the top of each hamburger with chili powder and Lawry's seasoned salt to taste.

Place hamburger patties onto a non-stick skillet, or grill, heated over medium heat. If you are concerned about them sticking, remove the pan from heat and give a quick spray of PAM cooking spray.

Allow each patty to cook 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Put two leaves of lettuce on each plate and place a hamburger in the center of each one. Top with dijon mustard and roma tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment