Sunday, January 17, 2010

Monday Mornings


Doesn't starting this posting with such a lovely flower just make a Monday a little bit better right off the bat? I mean, this gorgeous flower brings beauty to the beginning of what is typically a rather gloomy day in most people's eyes. (Thank you San Diego Zoo for housing such a lovely bloom) Instant grace and peace right there in that delicate flower.

Every Monday it's the same thing for me... "Errrrg. It's Monnnnndaaaaaay. Is it over yet?" Sunday night I start going through the motions of going into another Monday. Another start to another week that will most likely be very close to the same as the several before it. Time to get a menu for dinners roughly figured out, decide if I want to start the week off with laundry duty or not, think of something special to do with the girls one of the days...yeah, it's time to face another Monday. But then this scripture popped into my head:

Lamentations 3:22-23 (New Living Translation)
22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

So here is the sigh of relief that I utter, "Aaaaahhhhhhhhh." Even on Mondays, God's mercy is there and He will provide me with all that I need to get through it. And Lord knows that I need His help every Monday morning. And every single day besides.

Why Monday is the stinker of the week, I don't know...it just always has been. It's a mental thing, I know. Therefore I am making a new "mental thing" about Mondays...

It's the beginning of a new week full of possibilities. I will not dwell on what may go wrong, but be hopeful of all that will go right. Maybe this one little change in facing my "Monday Morning Blues" will pull the blues right out of my Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment