Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


My husband & I love pulled pork sandwiches. Unfortunately we are about 9 hours away from our favorite barbecue joint, Sweet Lumpy's BBQ located in Temecula, California. SO I came up with this recipe for a hassle-free version of a pulled pork sandwich. Smother it in some of Sweet Lumpy’s Bar-B-Que Sauce and we have a hit!

I start by preheating my oven to 250°F. This pork needs to cook nice and slow in the beginning, and then the heat gets turned up a bit for the last hour of cooking.

Now I know that traditionally pulled pork starts with a nice chunk of pork shoulder, but the idea here was to make a hassle-free version that could deliver flavor as well as not make the “pulled” part so time consuming. So when I’m out looking for my meat, I go for the pork loins. They are so easy to cook and have a relatively low fat content, so there is virtually no trimming needed.


View complete posting: Pulled Pork Sandwiches ~ An easy, hassle-free recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment