Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Family Recipe Favorites

Christmas time has always been my favorite time of the year....all of the baking!!!

I remember going to my grandparents' house every year a few days before Christmas Eve and beginning our dessert baking process. My Daddy's family came over from Norway when he was only 10 years old...and I love that the traditions that they had in Norway are still continued today. This year is the first year that I am the official keeper of my Grandma Elly's Kransekake ring molds...that's HUGE. It's the highlight dessert of the evening...perfect alone or being dunked into a cup of hot coffee or cocoa. And to know that my 100-year-old Grandma knows that her traditions are being carried on with her great-grandchildren, well that's just something that warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes...she's thrilled too. Here are a few of our family's favorite recipes for the Christmas celebration...

 
Egg Nog French Toast ~ A wonderful way to enjoy egg nog in the morning


 
Spiced Monkey Bread ~ This monkey bread is the hit of any breakfast, brunch or dessert



Fruity Ambrosia Salad ~ My Momma's recipe. Not your typical ambrosia salad…fresh, light and Jell-O free!


Prosciutto & Cheese Rosettes ~ Very Simple To Make…perfect for special events or family get-togethers


Fyrstekake ~ Norwegian Almond Coffee Cake (Royalty Cake) ~ A wonderful Norwegian coffee cake packed with almonds

 
 
Kransekake ~ Norwegian Crown Cake or “Viking” Wedding Cake ~ Almond “cake” ringed tower**



Cheat-N-Eat Candy Cane Cookies ~ Perfect way to dress-up sugar cookies for the holiday season

 
Sweet Potato Banana Crumble Casserole~ If you like sweet potatoes, you will love this recipe…if you don’t like them, then you will love this casserole. Perfect as a side or dessert dish!

 
Homemade Cranberry Sauce ~ After savoring this sauce, there is no reason to ever used canned again.

No comments:

Post a Comment