Friday, June 22, 2012

Laid Out Flat

When you are laid out flat on your back you gain a whole new perspective on what life would be like "relaxing" all the time.  To be honest, all I want to do right now is take my kiddles to the park and go visit my friends before they make their move tomorrow back to Minnesota.

How did I end up with so much pain in my lower back today? Of all days?!
Did I do anything that took super hero strength yesterday?  Nope.
Did I attempt to regain the thrill of being a 7 year old daredevil?  Nope.
Was there a contest to see who could pick up the most bricks of gold?  Again, nope.

What did I do?  Well, I vacuumed yesterday and moved a few things into the spare bedroom. Yep, nothing exciting.  Plain, old, boring everyday activities.  Somehow that was all it took for me to be in excruciating pain today and desperately trying to stretch-out my legs and back to stop it.

For those of you who, like me, attempt to do everything yourself...learn a lesson from my pain today.  Don't do it!!!  Grab whoever is around and have them help you.  Don't end up in a bed, pillows propping you up, heating wrap around your waist and pain cream slathered all over your lower back.  Being independent is just not worth it.  Feeling like you're 100 years old and incapable of getting in and out of your own bed on your own is not worth it!

Will I remember to take my own advice?  I'll probably forget.  That's the stubborn Norwegian in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment