Tuesday, December 9, 2014

DYI Teacher, Co-worker or Just Plain Ole Friend Giftings

Every year I try to find some cute little gifts that I can make at home to share with my girls' teachers and our family friends. 
And every year I fail in getting everyone on our list covered. *boooo*  This year I am again making a valiant effort to accomplish one gift for everyone on my list.  *YAAAAY!*  Say a prayer for me because with my 8 month old son it's going to be quite a feat to accomplish this year.

Here are some of the wonderful homemade gifts that I have come across in my searching for the perfect gift...not to mention easy. I hope that this list inspires and perhaps takes care of your search at the same time.

Merry Christmas & Happy Gifting!


Photo: The Wellness Mama

Lotion Bars ~ Recipe from The Wellness Mama
Super simple recipe. Essential oils that I would recommend adding are: Citrus Bliss (invigorating blend, smells like an orange cremesicle), Serenity (calming blend of Lavender Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Hawaiian Sandalwood, Vanilla), Lavender, Ylang Ylang, or Blend of White Fir-Lavender-Lemon (smells lovely and great for easing arthritis pain)

Photo: Furniture.Trendzona.com
Snow Globes
Very simple to make. Glue items to the lid with glue gun or non-soluble glue.  Fill container with boiled water (leave about 1-2 inches to rim, more if large items glued to lid). Add 1 teaspoon glycerin.  Add glitter or snow. Then glue lid on nice and tight. Add a ribbon.    

Photo: ABeautifulMess.com

Hot Chocolate Spoons ~ A Beautiful Mess
Perfect for Christmas morning or after a day of sledding!  Tip: Add a drop of Peppermint essential oil to make a Peppermint Cocoa.


Cookie & Brownie Jars ~ A Beautiful Mess
I love that they thought of including the photos with the recipe instructions inside...and they include both recipes for on their site! (third item down in the posting)


Photo: AMiracleForUs.tumbler.com

Santa Salt Dough Handprint Ornament ~ A Miracle For Us
This is one of my favorite crafts...perfect for giving to grandparents to hang on their tree. (Be sure to make an extra one of each child's for your own tree too.)


Mason Jar Lanterns ~ Super Saturday Crafts
I LOVE THESE!!!  We're going to be making them this week to put out on our patio.

Photos: BeneathMyHeart.net
 
Coasters ~ Beneath My Heart
How cute and easy are these coasters?!  This is another project that my little Rose and I will be doing for sure.


Photo: SavvySavingCouple.net
Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones ~ Savvy Saving Couple
I love these individual cones...perfect for handing out to classmates right before Christmas break.


Snowman Handprint Ornament ~ Savvy Saving Couple
Just a simply adorable ornament. Grandparents would go nuts over these...perhaps Kindergarten teachers too.


Hot Cocoa Ornaments ~ Bubble Nature Creations
Such a cute idea...another take on cocoa gifts.


Dip Mix Ornaments ~ Bubble Nature Creations
Something a little different for all those teachers out there.


Candy Cane Pretzel Bark ~ Inside Bru Crew Life
A favorite with my girls.  Great for classroom parties!

Photo: APumpkinAndAPrincess.com
Easy Peppermint Truffles ~ A Pumpkin & A Princess
This year I'm determined to make some truffles.  These are right up my alley for our family & gifting to friends.

Photo: APumpkinAndAPrincess.com
Oreo Peppermint Bark ~ A Pumpkin & A Princess
This is pretty much the best of two worlds for my girls. They love peppermint bark and really love Oreos.

Photo: ChewOutLoud.com

Gingerbread Biscotti ~ Chew Out Loud
As an avid coffee drinker, I LOVE biscotti...and gingerbread is just perfect for Christmas time.

Photo: SnixyKitchen.com

Homemade Bacon Jam, Bacon Salt & Bacon Candy ~ Snixy Kitchen
In honor of my youngest brother, I just had to include a bacon themed gift.

Photo: TheKitchn.com

Homemade Doggie Treats ~ The Kitchn
If you know someone with a pooch, then this is a great little gift option to pass along.

Photo: CountryLiving.com
Flavored Sugars ~ Country Living
Perfect for any fellow bakers out there.  I know a few ladies who would love these.

Photo: TwigAThistle.com

S'mores Kit ~ Twig & Thistle
Who doesn't love s'mores in the winter?  I know my girls do!


"Thanks A Latte" ~ Kinder Craze
Such a clever way to say thank you to

No comments:

Post a Comment