Thursday, March 11, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Goodies

This is the time of year that I just can't help but break-out my dvd Darby O'Gill & The Little People...this movie was my childhood introduction to (and I fell in love with) Sean Connery. But I need something to go along with my movie...a little something or other that would make the Leprechaun King do his exuberant jig.


Here's where the problem lies, I've been SO busy lately that I haven't even got myself together to do any new St. Patty's Day recipes! *gasp* I know, it's terrible, BUT I thought I'd share a few recipes that I've found that can help bring a little more to the table this year. Who knows? They just might become some of your favorites for this holiday.

Leprechaun Rainbow Punch @ CooksRecipes.com ~ A kid-friendly drink that's great fun for adults too. For A Listing Of Yummy Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes, CLICK HERE
Beer Waffles with Cinnamon Caramel Apples ~ Brown Eyed Baker ~ Start the morning off with a little beer you say? With this recipe, why not?!
Irish Soda Bread @ Brown Eyed Baker ~ It's St. Patty's Day, you have to have it.
Irish Shillelagh Sticks @ Little Shamrocks.com ~ Perfect side to Irish Stew or a cheesy dip. Roasted Potato Wedges with Cheddar Sauce @ CooksRecipes.com ~ Great little appetizer for your Irish feast 
Sheppard's Pie With Cheesy Potatoes @ The Chatty Mom ~ This is one of my recipes and one of our family favorites. Since I'm the only corned beef & cabbage lover in our little family, this is going to be our St. Patty's Day dinner. **You could easily substitute Guinness® for the wine in this recipe! 
Oven Irish Stew @ CooksRecipes.com ~ An alternative to the traditional corned beef & cabbage. 
Guinness® Corned Beef @ AllRecipes.com ~ A great alternative preparation for corned beef.
Colcannon - Irish Mashed Potatoes @ CopyKat.com~ If you love cabbage (like I do) and potatoes, then you've got to try Colcannon! 
Wild Rice & Barley Stuffed Mushrooms @ LittleShamrocks.com ~ Such a great side dish or appetizer. 
Guinness® Milk Chocolate Ice Cream @ Brown Eyed Baker ~ This is an ice cream recipe made in heaven for chocolate & beer lovers alike.
Bailey's Irish Cream & Chocolate Tapioca Pudding @ The Chatty Mom ~ Yeah, this is one of mine...I love Bailey's Irish Cream and I am a die-hard chocolate lover...couple that with my childhood love of tappioca pudding and you have a winner! 
Rainbow Cupcakes and Ice Cream @ Hoosier Homemade ~ If you're planning on having a few people get together for a celebration, this is a great dessert/fun centerpiece! (you have to see the whole rainbow in it's entirety) 
Shamrock Pretzels @ Hoosier Homemade~ My kiddles love pretzels...SO these are definitely on my TO DO list for St. Patty's Day! 
Lucky Green Velvet Baby Cakes ~ Who needs red velvet cake when there's green velvet cupcakes?
Mint Cream Dream @ LA TIMES ~ Need something light in calories? Here you go! 
Gilliland's Irish Bread Pudding with Caramel-Whiskey Sauce @ LOS ANGELES TIMES ~ If you love bread puddings, or even if you don't, you're going to love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment