Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Destruction Zone: The Dreaded Permanent Marker

Your child has their little hand wrapped around a permanent marker..and they are standing near your very white wall...

Is this the time that panic sets in?
Do you dread looking at the surface of said wall?

Oh I have to say that I responded "YES" to those questions.  There is an inerrant fear that grips and holds tight when a marker and child connect.  Especially if you know that they have a permanent one in their hands. 

And why is it that when there is a box full of washable markers, it's Daddy's permanent marker from the office desk that is so coveted?

Well, thank God for my hubby!  He saved my sanity on this particular day.  Yes, my anti-housework husband knew exactly what to tell me.  As I stood there with tears welling up in my eyes (it had been a toll-taking day), staring at the blue mural that now adorned my wall, a voice with a simple solution came from down the hall.

Are you ready for this solution?

Really?

Here it is!

RUBBING ALCOHOL destroys the stronghold of permanent markers!

Yep, it's as simple as using plain old rubbing alcohol to conquer the fear of permanent markers!  And how did he know this wonderful piece of information?  He (and I) have the Navy to thank for it. 

With this new-found knowledge I quickly raided my bathroom cabinet and grabbed a paper towel.  That mural was going DOWN!  Was it a scrubfest? Nope. In less than 5 minutes I had rid my wall of all of the blue that had defiled it.

Thank you U.S. Navy for saving the sanity of this housewife and any other that taps into this piece of prized information!

No comments:

Post a Comment