Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Moment To Just Reflect

This morning I decided that I needed a moment for just me...out of the confines of my home. (It's my daily office after all, not an escape) Usually a morning escape includes some dear friends, "The Momma Crew" as I like to refer to us, but this morning it needed to just be a solo venture.

There has been so much going on in the lives of those that touch my life...I just needed time to sit, reflect and sift through it all. There have been several cancer diagnoses, deaths, job changes bringing the move of a very dear friend from The Momma Crew, the verge of kindergarten & 1st grade completions...just so much that takes an emotional toll.

It's been so long since I could just get a moment alone without family duties and work knocking on the door.  Before the past several months I would have thought that I could take it all on without a problem...instead I have found myself randomly in tears as thoughts pop up.

My body has been trying to process and I have been ignoring it...and in the process I have been concerning my darling kiddles.  How does one explain that Momma us just an emotional mess to a 5 & 7 year old? 

The silver lining in all of my emotional turmoil is that it has caused me to spend so much more quality time with God. Crying, talking, singing and reflecting on Scripture have become tender moments that I have spent with my God & Savior.

Do I have all the answers? No.

BUT I do have an assurance that it was all foreseen and that God has a way of turning things into amazing testimonies of His grace and love.  When I look back on moments in my life and people who have touched it, there has always been a larger purpose to every twist and turn.  And it has always been far different than what I first perceived it to be.

When it boils down to it, even in my "ME" moments, God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit is at the center of it all. HE is my core and walks every step of the way with me...I can't imagine the void my life would have if I had to walk it without Him.

I feel better now...perhaps I'll go bake something.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment