Friday, April 23, 2010

The Purpose of The Valleys



"God wants to build our faith in the valleys. We love the mountaintops...but in the valleys we build our faith. When we come face to face with a dark valley, we get on our knees." ~ The Purpose Driven Life

This quote taken from The Purpose Driven Life stared me in the face every time I went into the kitchen during the month of March. I would glance over at it, read it and then not really take the time to contemplate it's truth.

Whenever life is at it's "best" and there doesn't seem to be anything that urgently needs "fixing", it seems like my prayer life is far less active. Why is that? How come I'm not praying and giving thanks as much during the "rosey" times in life? And what a shame that is...

View complete posting: The Purpose of The Valleys

No comments:

Post a Comment