Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy Birthday To My Love

Today is my Charming's birthday!  I am blessed to have him in my life...a wonderful, loving husband and terrific father to our two little girls. 
 
When I think about all of the times that he was a target of death, meaning that there have been plenty of near death moments in his life, and how easily we could have never had the opportunity to meet, I know that all of the years that my mother was praying for the man that I would one day marry were not in vain. 
 
She started praying for him the day that I was born, literally.  From that day on her prayers battled cars & buses (they hit him), gangs attempting to take him down for wearing the wrong color on the wrong block (he was never in one), being blown off the side of the ship he served on in the Navy, being soaked in fuel and having a helicopter explode right after closing a door behind him (also while serving in the Navy), drinking himself into a coma (while in the Navy) and being diagnosed with diabetes when his sugar levels rose dangerously high right after we were married...and there's more I haven't even listed!
 
He may be a little rough around the edges, not interested in the cultural things that I am (good luck on ever getting him to an opera without being bound and gagged), but he's got a heart that could never be replaced.  He's the rough neighborhood kid and I'm the country loving beach girl...what a pair we are!  And what a mix our children are ~ Aztec/Conquistador & Viking. 
 
Charming's main interests these days are firearms and the military, mine are the arts and baking.  And our girls are somewhere in between. We may be an odd pair, one that no one would have ever placed together, but we're a great balance for each other.

He's my rock when I fall apart.

He's the comic that pulls me out of sorrow into laughter.

He's the encouragement I need when I don't think I can finish the mission.

The dating site that we met on way back in '98 may have only matched us at 24%, but perhaps that is what keeps life interesting.  We're opposites in so many areas, but have so much common ground that it's almost scary.  Most of the time we can read each other's mind and say exactly what the other is thinking.   Really, it catches us off guard quite a bit and kinda bewilders those around us.

I love my Tony, and there is no one in the world I could ever see making my way through life with.   And no better father to my crazy little girls.

Happy Birthday My Love!  May God bless you in all you do and cause you to dream big dreams...and fulfill them!  There is still so much He has in store for  you...and I can't wait to experience it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment