Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sharing God's Amazing Works


Psalm 78:4 &7
New Living Translation (NLT)

We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about His power and His mighty wonders.

So each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting His glorious miracles
    and obeying His commands.

Lately I have been spending more time sharing accounts with my daughters of amazing things I have seen God do.  It is so easy to go through the day without reflecting back on the grace and mercy that God has had in my life.  But that is not what I want to do.  I want to be conscious of each and every moment that I have seen His hand move in my life.  There have been so many of them.
 
This morning I got to hear amazing news of a woman I have been praying for over the past few years.  She has been healed of brain cancer!  I knew that she was going to go to a service this morning where Mario Murillo was going to be preaching.   My family has been blessed to call him a family friend and has seen God use him in mighty ways with miracle healings happening during the services.  It would be safe to say that I have been waiting a long time for this day to come...and I just knew that today was going to be the day that Mary received her healing!  And PRAISE GOD she did!  And tomorrow she has an appointment to do blood work...boy are those doctors are going to be perplexed!
 
So this is now another testimony that I get to share with my daughters of how even when doctors say that a woman should have been dead MONTHS ago, GOD is the one in control of when her time is up.
 
My little Grace loves for me to tell her the story about how Jesus healed my lips when I was little.  It's a story that I try to keep in the forefront of my mind because it was the one time that I got to see the hands of my Savior. 
 
I was just about 4 years old and had run smack dab into the corner of a wall.  My grandmother was watching me when it happened. She had tried to calmed me down and put me in my bed to take a nap...all the while my lips began to swell.  While I was sleeping I saw two nail scarred hands reach out to me and touch my lips.  When I woke up there was no swelling, no bruising....no evidence that my run-in with the wall had ever happened.
 
When I saw my mom she was anxious to see the damage that my grandmother had told her about.  To her surprise I told her, "Jesus touched my nips!" (yeah, I called my lips "nips" back then) 
 
That is something that I will never forget. It's a moment in my life that I have held on to and reminded God about.  I remind Him more or less to remind myself how merciful He was to give me that treasured moment to hold onto.  Because of that one little moment I know that my God is always aware of where I am in life and of exactly what I need.  And He always supplies exactly what I need!
 
So, part of my resolution for the 2013 year is to continually tell stories of the amazing things that God has done in my life and in the lives of my friends and family.  I know that in doing this it will only help to build their faith as they learn to lean on God and trust Him.
 
There are so many stories...accounts of healings from cancerous tumors, accidents that miraculously were avoided, financial blessings that came out of nowhere...
 
God is SO good.  He is SO faithful. And there is NOTHING that He can not do in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment